One trend that I am loving this season is mixing patterns! This increases the amount of outfits you can make out of your wardrobe. I know mixing patterns can be a little scary, but once you get the hang of it will be easy! Here are some easy rules to follow:
- Avoid three patterns. Only use two different patterns and if you need a third piece, such as a blouse or cardigan make it solid.
- Keep the patterns in the same color family. If your shirt is teal and orange, then your bottom should also have teal and orange in it.
- Break up the pattern. Us a solid piece to break it ups such as hosiery, a belt, a necklace or a solid piece of clothing.
- Keep your patterns to scale. One pattern should be a little bigger than the other should be not as a bold. This will make your look more pleasant to the eye and everything will be more balanced.
- Make sure the patterns are not too similar. Don’t wear to polka dots together. Instead try polka dots and strips to add a little more excitement to the look.
Below are some examples