Last week one of my clients and I went on an excting shopping trip. We were looking for her mother of the bride dress. I was really excited to be part of this! Finding this dress was challenging for the following reasons:
1. My client is a stylish and was looking for a dress that was chic and classy, not matronly
2. We didn’t want the dress to take any attention away from the bride
3. There was not a lot of inventory at the stores
We went to department stores and a couple local botiques. We didn’t go to any bridal stores. My client looks best in navy/midnight blue and pink. She ended up trying on a lot of navy! We were lucky to find a couple of options that flattered her, and were perfect for the wedding.
Below are a few pointers when looking for a dress:
1. You can’t judge a dress until you try it on. A couple of the dresses that she tried on looked beatiful on, but I almost walked by them becasue on the hanger they didn’t look that special
2. Make sure you know your body, so you can find the right style of dress to flatter your body
3. The right accessories can change the look of a dress
Below are some of the dressses we found!